Chestnut Village is located near downtown Monticello at 421 Chestnut Street. It is a unique housing complex, providing supported housing for low-income residents with developmental disabilities. This offers adults with disabilities independence and self-reliance in a subsidized rent situation.
The building is designed for people with special needs. Some of the standard features include:
- Wide doorways and an elevator to the second floor, designed for people with wheelchairs or other mobility limitations.
- A lobby with a securely locked interior door and an intercom system to identify visitors.
- Fully accessible bathrooms, some with roll-in showers for wheelchair accessibility.
- On-site Washer/Dryer Facilities
- A pull-cord in each apartment that turns on emergency lights in the hallway and manager’s office.
- Abundant exterior lighting for the safety of residents and visitors entering and exiting the building.